Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's been a LONG while...

So, I’ve already finished my first trimester…………of massage school of course. Our second set of classes start tomorrow, which I’m excited about because the last classes had become pretty boring. Having done the college thing twice already, it was too easy, and I felt like a lot of it was fluff stuff…communications, ethics, etc. We really didn’t learn a whole lot of massage. I’m hoping we start getting more into the meat of it now. I’m not so excited about it, because I’ve had a couple of weeks off of, and I’m not ready to jump back into the busy life again. We also start clinic this week, which means that we work on “real” people and do “real” sessions, as compared to those we do on our classmates in class. That is a little scary, but hopefully it shouldn’t be too bad.

I’ve also been working on a stretching certification that is awesome. We just finished up the second level this weekend. I’m really hoping to be able to combine the stretching and the massage together from more of a rehabilitative standpoint, to be able to correct imbalances in the body. I’d love to work someplace that has a nutritionist and a chiropractor to be able to approach healing from every angle.

I’m actually currently working at a chiropractor’s office as a stretch therapist. I had to quit my job at the physical therapy clinic when I started school and find something part time. I go straight from school, and get off about 7 or 7:30. It makes for very long days. I rarely get to eat dinner before 9, and then it’s time to get ready for bed and start all over again. I will definitely be glad when school is over again. Not only that, but I am not making enough to cover all of the bills, and my savings is dwindling very quickly. Oh the joys.

I’ve had a few little vacations this summer. We met Nich and Matt in CO (along with Cathy and her sister) for a little white water rafting. It was good to see everyone and a fun adventure as well. The water was freezing, and I lost a contact on the river, but all is well…

In June I went with David to his family reunion. We spent the week in Island Park, ID, which is about 45 minutes outside of Yellowstone. We stayed in a cabin right on the lake. It was gorgeous there! We did some hiking, waverunners and water skiing (again cold water!), and also a trip to Yellowstone. At the end of the week, we went to SLC for his brother’s wedding. I was a little surprised (and confused!) when I saw Red and Sarah in one of the pics on the wedding video. But then we did all go to BYU, and we know what a small world that is.

I had a week and a half back at work, and then we went to San Diego for the 4th of July with my family. We spent the weekend on the beach, we went sailing and to the Wild Animal Park. Now I’m back to reality with no vacations in sight. It’s a little depressing…

Anyway, I think that I’ve caught up on pretty much everything now. For those of you who knew Granger, he is getting married on July 31, about a month after he got engaged, and maybe 6 weeks after he met her. WOW! But hey, he’s happy.

I think about you all every day, even if it doesn’t show through my writing or keeping in touch. I love you and appreciate your friendships, and am so grateful for the memories we share!


Goth

No comments: